How can we help you?
Our vision is that Colorado agriculture be strong and vibrant, a key driver of the state’s economy, and recognized worldwide for its safe and abundant supply of high-quality food and agriculture products.
The mission of the Department of Agriculture is to strengthen and advance Colorado agriculture; promote a safe and high-quality food supply; protect consumers; and foster responsible stewardship of the environment and natural resources.
Values are our shared behavioral commitments to each other and to those we serve.
CDA's Core Values are: Partnership, Service, Professionalism, Proactivity, Respect
June 2, 2023
June is National Dairy Month, honoring one of Colorado’s most important agricultural commodities. What better way to celebrate than with some ice cream, just in time to warmer weather! Let’s not forget the other star of this recipe - strawberries!
May 24, 2023
The Colorado Agricultural Pest Survey Team has begun their annual season of monitoring for pests via insect trapping and visual survey. Coloradans can expect to see some insect traps around their local parks, forests and campgrounds, and should leave the traps in their place.
May 22, 2023
The Colorado STAR soil health program is expanding to an estimated 300 producers, with the addition of 21 Conservation Districts and 7 eligible entities to the list of STAR Plus administrating entities. Funding for this expansion comes from the U.S.
Most Requested Information
- Cage-Free Eggs
- Hand Weeding Variance Program
- Ag Stimulus Funding
- Pesticide Applicator Certification and Licensing Program
- Industrial Hemp
- Pesticide Use in Cannabis Production Information
- Import Requirements
- Open Range and Fencing
- Job Opportunities
- Rules & Regulations
- Bureau of Animal Protection
- Measurement Standards
- Meat - Custom Processing
- Markets Funding
- Ag Workforce Development Program - Intern applications open!
- NextGen Leadership Program - Applications open!
June 1, 2023
Jerome and Ann Wheeler love their work. But even more than that, they love the animals who put the “family” in family operations.
May 22, 2023
In the 1980s, G.I. Joe: Real American Hero animated TV series concluded each cartoon episode with a Public Service Announcement (PSA) for children: “Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!”
May 10, 2023
Colorado nonprofits encouraged to submit proposals on outreach to food insecure communities across the state
Colorado is famous for our juicy peaches, nutritious beef, nourishing potatoes, and many other agricultural products that can fill a plate any time of year.
Farms & Ranches
Ag Commodity - Cattle & Calves
- ** NEW ** CHAMP Final Report
- ** NEW ** Move the Needle Grant
- Best in Show Photography Contest
- Pesticide Applicator Licensing Online Portal
- Rural Mental Health toolkit
- Colorado Food and Agriculture Gift Guide
- Inspection and Consumer Services Rulemaking
- Food Security Task Force
- Soil Health Initiative
- Vesticular Stomatitis Virus (VSV)
- Sunset Reviews
- Commissioner Kate Greenberg Bio & Photo
- Poultry Processing rules for small and mid-sized processors
- CHAMP Initiative
- Need a Colorado Premises ID Number?
- Hay Resources
- US Drought Monitor