Photo Credit: Michael McCaffrey
Enter 'Best In Show' Photography Contest Now!


COVID-19 Temporary Operations

As circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 virus continue to impact people across Colorado, the Colorado Department of Agriculture is doing its part to help mitigate the spread of the virus by asking employees to telework.  

We are continuing operations as usual with minor modifications to our import permitting process, to keep as many employees working from home as possible. The State Veterinarian's Office is committed to continuing to provide excellent service during this time, and we appreciate your understanding as we reply to inquiries as quickly as possible.

More Information and Contacts

Import Permitting:

  • Contact Dr. Maggie Baldwin 303-869-9132 or Dr. Morgan McCarty 303-869-9130
  • Or use the online Reportable Disease Forms to report a case online
Animal Disease Traceability and RFID tags:
  • 303-869-9130
Aquaculture, Alternative Livestock, and Wildlife:
Bureau of Animal Protection:
  • Rebecca Niemiec 303-775-3718
Commuter Agreements and TB Accreditation:
Dangerous Dogs and VMLRP:
Emergency Preparedness and Response:
Premises ID and electronic CVI questions or issues:
General Questions:

Animal Import Requirements

What are the rules to move animals into Colorado?


If your country is not listed please call your local USDA Area Office.

I live in Colorado and need to know what the the rules are to move animals within Colorado?

To obtain an import permit you can use the Online Permitting System website, or call 303.869.9130 during business hours



Animals (pets) coming to Colorado (international)
Animals leaving Colorado
  • Livestock going to another state Interstate Livestock.com  
  • USDA Website for international animal import regulations
  • Destination State Veterinarians Contact list
Current equine disease outbreaks in the U.S.

Equine Disease Communication Center

Dangerous dog registration

Dangerous Dog Registration Packet and Instructions

Biosecurity and Fairs, Exhibitions, and Shows

Information on keeping your animals and others healthy while traveling and showing.

Importing elk

Elk Importation Packet

Livestock Market Documents


The report is fillable and can be downloaded, completed and emailed to animalhealth@state.co.us upon completion.  Feel free to save the fillable pdf to your desktop for quick and easy use.

Livestock Market Book


Predator and rodent control

Rodent & Predator Control page

Do I need a premises or location ID

Yes if you are associated with animal agriculture in any way whether it be commercial production or exhibition. This even includes 4-H members since county fairs, Colorado State Fair and other exhibitions (both in state and out of state) require it as part of the enrollment process.
Click here to learn more and find out how to obtain your premises number.

VETERINARIANS ONLY: Signing up to receive email notifications from the State Veterinarian

Click here to receive notices from CDA State Veterinarian's Office

Reporting suspected animal abuse

Bureau of Animal Protection

Reportable disease resources

Contact Us


Animal Health Division

305 Interlocken Pkwy
Broomfield, CO 80021-3484
Phone: (303) 869-9130
Fax: (303) 466-8515
Hours: Mon - Fri 8 am to 5 pm

CORA Request

Animal Health Laboratory
300 S. Technology Ct.

Broomfield CO 80021
Phone: (303) 869-9230
Fax:  (303) 869-9223
Hours: Mon - Fri 8 am to 5 pm