FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 25, 2020
Contact: Mary Peck, 720-428-0441, firstname.lastname@example.org
Broomfield, Colo. - It’s the giving season and the Colorado Department of Agriculture has 10 ideas for your holiday list. In a year that has brought many challenges to ag-producing families and local small businesses, supporting Colorado’s vibrant agriculture industry through these diverse giving opportunities is more impactful than ever:
- Colorado Proud - Celebrate the season and give gifts of high-quality, fresh agricultural products that are grown, raised or processed in Colorado. Learn more about Colorado’s holiday #shoplocal campaign.
- Colorado Wine - Colorado’s award-winning wines, from Riesling to Cabernet Franc, are produced from vineyards and wineries from the plains, to the Front Range cities, to the western slope.
- State Fair Foundation - Support the Foundation’s mission of enhancing youth programming, education, and experiences at the State Fair by purchasing a historic horse show barn stall door.
- Colorado State Fair Concert Tickets and 2-for-1 Cyber Monday deals - Visiting the State Fair is not only fun and memorable; it supports Colorado’s vibrant and diverse industries, with an emphasis on agriculture.
- Colorado Foundation for Agriculture - Help advance agricultural literacy through Colorado Agriculture in the Classroom programs, which are provided to educators and students statewide for free or minimal cost.
- Colorado Farmers Market Association - CFMA provides resources, technical assistance, peer info-sharing and advocacy and networking opportunities to farmers market managers.
- FFA Foundation - The foundation supports agricultural education in Colorado, including students, adult agricultural education, agricultural education teachers and alumni.
- Colorado Food and Farm Systems Response & Rebuild Fund - Donations help local producers across the state to adapt and rebuild crucial lost markets due to COVID-19.
- 4-H Foundation - The foundation provides positive youth development and education by raising and distributing funds in support of diverse Colorado 4-H programs.
- Colorado Crisis Services - Support mental health counseling available to ag communities through Colorado’s statewide call line. Free, confidential counseling is accessible 24/7/365.
The Colorado Office of Economic Development has created a comprehensive list of shop local campaigns across the state, ensuring that local spending stays in and furthers Colorado's economy. Visit the Shop Local Colorado website for more information.
The Colorado Department of Agriculture exists to support the state's agriculture industry and serve the people of Colorado through regulation, advocacy and education. Our mission is to strengthen and advance Colorado agriculture, promote a safe and high-quality food supply, protect consumers, and foster responsible stewardship of the environment and natural resources.