- Up to 15' tall; thicket-forming
- Blooms May to July
- Flowers white or pale pink, 1" wide, 5-petaled, groups of 3 - 20 at ends of second-year branches
- Leaves dark green above, pale to whitish below, palmately compound with 3-5 round to oblong leaflets
- First-year stems are canes up to 40' long with large stiff thorns
- Second-year stems grow from nodes and produce small white flowers
There are few occurrences of this species documented in Colorado. View the knownNorth American Distribution Map.
If you are aware of infestations that are not represented, please report your sighting. Registerfor an EDDMapS account, then select "Report Sightings". Please include photos with your submissions.