Section 18 Permit

Section 18 Permit

Ultra Blazer Herbicide on Sugar Beets To Control Palmer Amaranth

Now Approved for Use in Colorado

The State of Colorado has been given authorization by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under its authority under Section 18 of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) and the Department’s authority under Part 12 of the Rules associated with the Colorado Pesticide Act for use of Ultra Blazer herbicide on Sugar Beets to control Palmer Amaranth in Colorado in 2021.

This use on Sugar Beets is limited to the following counties:  Adams, Kit Carson, Logan, Phillips, Sedgewick, Washington, and Yuma.

Each applicator of Ultra Blazer on Sugar Beets must:

  • hold an applicator license issued by the Colorado Dept. of Agriculture (CDA), either a private applicator license or a commercial applicator license in the 103 – Agricultural Weed control Category; and

  • obtain a Section 18 permit from CDA prior to purchase or use of Ultra Blazer.

Required Records & Use Report

As a condition of this Section 18, you must maintain all required records of use and submit a final use report by October 10, 2021, whether you use Ultra Blazer under this exemption or not.

For your convenience, an application record form will be included with your permit approval to help you maintain the records Department inspectors will need to see during a future inspection. You must maintain these records for at least 3 years after applications are made.

All applications must be made in accordance with the Section 18 use directions and Ultra Blazer label, and the conditions on the permit application. All adverse effects or accidents involving Ultra Blazer used under this exemption should be reported to the Department immediately.

Section 18 Permit Application

Section 18 Permit Application*

*Alert - You must have a Section 18 permit prior to purchase or use of Ultra Blazer on Sugar Beets.

Questions? Contact Us

If you have any questions, contact Pesticide Registration at (303) 869-9060.