Any person and/or business that is in possession of and/or transfers psittacine birds in the state of Colorado must be issued a Colorado Bird Leg Band license by the Colorado Department of Agriculture Pet Animal Care and Facilities Act (PACFA) program.
How do I get a Colorado issued Bird Leg Band Number?
To obtain a Colorado Bird Leg Band Number, you must complete and submit an application online through the PACFA Licensing Portal.
- To start the application process, you will need to register as a new user in the PACFA Licensing Portal by clicking on ‘Sign Up’. Click on the PACFA Licensing Portal button below to get started.
- Bird Leg Band License Fee: $17.50
- Bird bands are valid from the date they are issued through March 1st of each year.
- Bird band number licensees must renew their band by March 1st of each year through the PACFA Licensing Portal. A 10% late fee is automatically applied to renewal applications submitted after March 1st.
- Bird Band license holders are responsible for ordering their own bird band numbers.
- Bird band assignments are non-transferable.
Bird Band Applicants will be notified via email when your application has been approved and a Colorado Bird Leg Band Number has been issued.