- 1 - 3' tall tufted clumps
- Blooms July to August
- Flowers 1/4 - 1/2" wide
- Flowering stems up to 28" tall, emerging from base, can be branching
- Seeds triangular in cross-section with sharp edges
- Leaves up to 14" long, three-sided and cylindrical, emerging from base
- Does not smell like an onion
- Roots fibrous, form dense mats, no bulb
There are few occurrences of this species documented in Colorado. View the knownNorth American Distribution Map.
If you are aware of infestations that are not represented, please report your sighting. Registerfor an EDDMapS account, then select "Report Sightings". Please include photos with your submissions.