The Agricultural Water Quality Program (AWQP) relies upon a 14 member advisory committee to help guide program objectives.
- Define the correct issues impacting groundwater quality with respect to agricultural chemicals in Colorado and prioritize program resources to address these issues.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the program staff’s efforts to address groundwater quality issues.
- Provide feedback on proposed and ongoing program activities. Local perspective is particularly appreciated as this is a statewide program with limited resources.
- Apprise Groundwater Program staff of what their industry or constituency is doing or thinking.
- Communicate the Program’s work to industries represented by the committee and to the general public.
The committee consists of people representing: commercial pesticide applicators, agricultural chemical suppliers, agricultural producers, the green industry, the general public, water resource professionals, and the Water Quality Control Commission (WQCC). The committee appointments are for 3-year terms.
All positions are currently open.
|Water Quality Control Commission|
|Ag Chemical Supplier|
|Water Resource Professional|